We want your training experience to be a positive one, we are happy to help anyway we can. If you have any questions or need any help, please do not hesitate to contact us. We sincerely mean that.
By registering and/or attending you are acknowledging that you wish to participate in training, seminar or other course of instruction or event with American Arms, Inc. You are aware that there are dangers related to this activity and I hereby state and affirm that you will abide by and follow at all times the following safety rules, guidelines, and stipulations:
- There will be no refunds on any deposit rendered for any course American Arms, Inc. and its subsidiaries provide. All range fees are due at the time of registration or at the beginning of class for hosted courses where an outside entity or organization handles registration.
- Client agrees to hold harmless American Arms, Inc., its attorneys, insurers, officers, directors, stockholders, agents, servants, representatives, contractors, employees, successors, predecessors, assigns, parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries, whether named herein or not, from any claims, demands, controversies, actions, or causes relating to or arising out of our processing, handling, and/or conducting Client’s training session(s) scheduled or unscheduled, or any disputes related to Client’s training sessions, whether known or unknown, as of the date of deposit rendered to Company by Client for said course.
- If you have an emergency, you may request, in writing, within 14 days of said missed course, a credit toward a future course. We reserve the right to review your request for a credit, and to approve or deny your request. You will be notified of our decision.
- American Arms, Inc. reserves the right to cancel and reschedule any course due to an insufficient number of registered clients; notwithstanding, our no refund policy still applies.
- Client understands there may be a one-time additional range fee for any and all live-fire training, including, but not limited to: Utah CFP, Basic Pistol, Basic Shotgun, Basic Rifle, Tactical Rifle, Defensive Pistol, Group, One-on-One, and Personal Protection.
- Said client will be informed if any additional fees will be incurred; furthermore, client agrees to pay any and all fees prior to training. Fees typically average twenty-five dollars.
- You will treat and assume all firearms are always loaded, all of the time. The only time you will handle a firearm is on the line of fire as instructed by the course instructor, or at a designated handling area(s) only after the firearm is confirmed to be clear and unloaded. It is required that the firearm is double checked, and preferably by an additional person. You understand handling a firearm in violation of this rule while person(s) are in proximity and/or down range may result in the termination of your participation.
- You will keep my finger off of the trigger until your sights are aligned on target and you are ready to fire.
- You will only point, index, or present your firearm at your intended target. You will never point my firearm at anything you are not willing to shoot.
- You will be aware of your target, and what is beyond your target.
- You will not be impaired by any alcohol, narcotic, drug, or substance while at the course and/or event.
- You will not use any electronic devices while participating as you understand they can cause distractions and become a hazard.
- You understand that any negligent discharge of a firearm in my possession, or in your control , may result in the termination of your participation of the course/event, and you may be ejected without refund. I understand this to include any round that was not intentional, a round that was fired beyond the berm and/or backstop exiting the range, or a discharge that caused an alarm for the safety of you or others.
- You understand that if the instructor(s) feel that your performance is a safety concern, at their undisputed discretion, my participation may be modified or terminated.
- You will learn and obey the rules of the range and location as stipulated by the location and abide by them and follow them and understand they have the same consequences as all rules set forth in the course or event. You will not intentionally damage, steal, take or borrow any property that is not yours including item(s) that I was not specifically given permission to handle.
All staff, students, and guests will be held to a standard of professionalism and has a policy on incidents of classroom discrimination and unprofessional standards. This policy also address potential criminal acts and how incidents are investigated and handled.
Training Discrimination Policy
You are aware that there are risks related to this activity and you hereby state and affirm that:
- Your participation in this event is voluntary. You know and are aware of the risks associated with your participation in this course, and you acknowledge that firearms will be discharged with live ammunition. You acknowledge that this activity has the potential for danger, injury and the possibility of death.
- You understand and agree that neither American Arms Inc (Herein known as “Company”), nor any person acting on behalf of the Company, including staff, agents, representatives, contracted staff, hosted instructors, volunteers, and/or property owners/controllers of event locations may be held liable in any way for any event which occurs in connection with activity that may result in injury, death or damage.
- In consideration for being allowed to participate in the event, you hereby personally assume all risks in connection with this event and hereby release and hold harmless the Company, or anyone acting on behalf from liability for injury, death or damage which may befall you during this event, whether foreseen or unforeseen, however caused and whether or not caused by the negligence, active or passive, of the Company or any person acting on behalf.
- The terms of this agreement shall serve as a release and assumption of risk for heirs, executor, administrator and all members of your family.
- You further state that you understand that the terms herein are contractual and not a mere recital and that you acknowledge these terms on your own free act.
- Your are of legal age to acknowledge these terms, or you will have a parent/guardian present that will sign on your behalf and be responsible for you and under their immediate direct supervision while you participate in the event.
- You will abide by the commands of range staff, instructors, contracted instructors, and/or hosted instructors at all times and follow all rules of the range, location, instructors, staff, or special circumstances. You also understand that failure to do so may result in the termination of your participation in the event and you may be ejected without refund.
- OPTIONAL – You will allow the use of my image either in still photography or video (including audio) format for use by the Company for promotional, advertising, or informative/review purposes with no compensation financial or otherwise. *You will have the option to decline at the event/class.
Due to the nature of our courses you may be required to provide credentials before being registered and/or admitted to class. Qualified credentials could include:
- Proof of employment with a government agency, state, local, federal etc as a peace officer with powers of arrest
- Qualified retired credentials of the above
- Active duty member of the armed forces of the United States including National Guard and Reserves
- A permit to carry/purchase indicating you are legally authorized to own/possess a firearm
- A letter from an authorizing government agency acknowledging you have had a background check conducted and you are legally authorized to own/posses a firearm
Registration is not finalized until a payment/deposit has been received by our office. You will be notified when such payment as received and registration is confirmed. If you register by any means and do not send a payment, you slot may go to someone else who completes registration and secures with a payment.
For hosted courses, you are responsible for knowing and understanding the hosted instructor’s policies including refund and cancellation polices.This information is available upon request. Those policies may supersede our policies in matters of cancellation and refunds.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from the 1st of January, 2017.