AMMUNITION TRANSFER POLICY
Ammunition transferred to American Arms is subject to a transfer fee (please see transfer fees HERE)
We do not accept ammunition from individuals. We only perform FFL to FFL transfers.
Transferred ammunition must meet all requirements of New York State and Federal law, and must be shipped with the following:
- invoice or other documentation regarding the sale to the customer.
- a copy of the transferor’s FFL. (The transferring FFL will also need a copy of our FFL Certificate)
- Completed Transfer Form
Ammunition must be shipped via UPS, FedEx or a similar insured, reputable carrier that provides tracking information to the customer.
DO NOT SHIP AMMUNITION VIA THE POST OFFICE.
We will NOT to accept ammunition shipped by USPS.
Ammunition so arriving is subject to a $75 PENALTY and may be returned to the sender. We cannot guarantee the safety of ammunition shipped via USPS.
It is the customer’s responsibility to make ALL arrangements with the transferring FFL, including delivery of required documents and payment of shipping costs.
You MUST inform American Arms of any ammunition transfer prior to its arrival at our premises.
Please fill out THIS form BEFORE any ammunition is shipped to us.
ANY SHIPMENT THAT ARRIVES WITHOUT THIS FORM BEING FILLED OUT IS SUBJECT TO A FEE.
Do NOT call to double-check your ammunition’s arrival. Please rely on information provided to you by your shipping company.
It is the customer’s responsibility to ascertain whether the ammunition has arrived by contacting the shipping company, and to claim the ammunition from us within specified time limits (grace period).
- Ammunition must be picked-up from American Arms in 5 business days after arrival (grace period).
- Ammunition NOT picked-up within the grace period is subject to a $10/day storage fee for every day after the grace period.
- Ammunition NOT CLAIMED WITHIN THIRTY DAYS of arrival will be considered ABANDONED.
Once ammunition is considered abandoned, we reserve the right to possess and sell the ammunition at no further recompense to the customer.
If ammunition does not meet New York State or Federal law, it will be returned to the transferring FFL at the customer’s cost, and may be reported to the proper authorities.
By shipping ammunition to American Arms it means that you understand and accept this transfer policy.